Mariah Matthews

Mariah Matthews

MYTHS OF HELICON MOUNTAIN


("Myth is not a distortion of fact, but the womb through which fact must come.", Jane Roberts, THE INDIVIDUAL AND THE NATURE OF MASS EVENTS)

*****

I love Mythology, always have, can't remember when I didn't. My name is Mariah Matthews. I live in the USA, and this blog is about a novel that I'm currently writing, working title: : MYTHS OF HELICON MOUNTAIN.


18 March, 2011

LIGHT MY FIRE!

Blue skies overhead and I woke up feelin’ good.   It’s a Begin Again Finnegan kind of day for me on the Oregon Coast in Newport, and in the three-island nation of Ortygia (Working title: Myths of Helicon Mountain) my character, the Red Scribe, dips his brush and begins his introduction to Atalanta’s story where, in the aftermath of Deucalion’s flood, two Giants named Lelex and Megarus scour the mountains northeast of Thessaly searching for a river that flows down from the Plains of Eden.  They are looking for a passage to the fabled Taurian dome of Hyperia where Dawn and at least one of her lordly Titan sons are reported to have survived.  -- My premise:  If someone is looking for a good fantasy and can’t find one to suit, the next best thing is to pick an ancient, long–standing tale that no living soul can claim exclusively and expand it.  Imagination holds the sparks for living and we’re never too young or too old to light a fire.

No comments: