Mariah Matthews

Mariah Matthews

MYTHS OF HELICON MOUNTAIN


("Myth is not a distortion of fact, but the womb through which fact must come.", Jane Roberts, THE INDIVIDUAL AND THE NATURE OF MASS EVENTS)

*****

I love Mythology, always have, can't remember when I didn't. My name is Mariah Matthews. I live in the USA, and this blog is about a novel that I'm currently writing, working title: : MYTHS OF HELICON MOUNTAIN.


07 November, 2014

THE SPIRAL PETROGLYPH

Writing MYTHS: On the way to Macedon’s land, Telly and his fellow travelers come to a high rock bluff on the north end of the pass between Mount Ossa and Mount Olympus that has a spiral petroglyph carved in it. This sign is familiar to Telly because his mother always drew one like it on the ground at Oraea Springs after a rain. He asked her once what it meant. She told him that it meant ‘the way’.... “The way to where?” he asked. “I don’t know" she answers. "It’s very old. It predates the passing of the Comet. The sky, perhaps; my grandmother Europa taught it to us and told us to remember it.” --. Idea first, research second: Prehistoric spirals have been found all around the globe and although there is plenty of speculation, no one knows what they mean. In MYTHS, Telly will need to find his way home, so this is my story, and I’m sticking to it.

No comments: