Mariah Matthews

Mariah Matthews

MYTHS OF HELICON MOUNTAIN


("Myth is not a distortion of fact, but the womb through which fact must come.", Jane Roberts, THE INDIVIDUAL AND THE NATURE OF MASS EVENTS)

*****

I love Mythology, always have, can't remember when I didn't. My name is Mariah Matthews. I live in the USA, and this blog is about a novel that I'm currently writing, working title: : MYTHS OF HELICON MOUNTAIN.


21 May, 2014

Delphi and the Delphic Oracles


Setting stages:  My first mention of Delphi and the Delphic Oracles, but I’m sure it won’t be the last time I find my characters drinking from the famous spring at Delphi.    From Part Two: SEARCH FOR PEGASUS. 
 
 Urana’s children have climbed the dizzying heights of Deucalion’s mountain with Hellen to see the ruins of his father’s boat. 
 
 While they drank from a small spring, a figure with wild, white hair and nearly bent double with age came out of a cave and offered to speak an oracle for a fee.     
 
“Who is she?” Telly asked, surprised by her appearance, for this place seemed quite deserted. 
 
“You drink from the famous Spring of Delphi,” Hellen answered, shooing the old woman away. "Many come up here and pay the old woman for an oracle.  I myself, find it best not to know what’s ahead.” 

 


 

No comments: