Mariah Matthews

Mariah Matthews

MYTHS OF HELICON MOUNTAIN


("Myth is not a distortion of fact, but the womb through which fact must come.", Jane Roberts, THE INDIVIDUAL AND THE NATURE OF MASS EVENTS)

*****

I love Mythology, always have, can't remember when I didn't. My name is Mariah Matthews. I live in the USA, and this blog is about a novel that I'm currently writing, working title: : MYTHS OF HELICON MOUNTAIN.


04 December, 2013

THE FINAL WRITING OF CHAPTER 7


Note for MYTHS, Chapter 7:  This chapter moves fast because I've reached the end of Echo’s story. Of course, the readers know how it ends, have known all along, but knowing isn’t enough. We must feel this end! We must cry for Echo! We must cry for Urana, we must feel the passion and sorrow.  And we must remember the diabolical anger, hatred, and distrust that Hera and her Kaberians are fermenting for themselves on Urana’s mountain! -- Deucalion’s son Hellen, a witness to these unholy events, recorded the details in his final years of life.  Otherwise, how would our Red Scribe, who copies this story, know what happened on Mount Helicon twenty thousand years after the fact?       

 

No comments: