Mariah Matthews

Mariah Matthews

MYTHS OF HELICON MOUNTAIN


("Myth is not a distortion of fact, but the womb through which fact must come.", Jane Roberts, THE INDIVIDUAL AND THE NATURE OF MASS EVENTS)

*****

I love Mythology, always have, can't remember when I didn't. My name is Mariah Matthews. I live in the USA, and this blog is about a novel that I'm currently writing, working title: : MYTHS OF HELICON MOUNTAIN.


25 October, 2013

A WRITER'S LAMENT, OR SHOULD THAT BE DILEMMA?

Busy, busy -- Deadline approaches!

"All eyes focused on Echo as she stepped out on the granite stage with the great megalith behind her to face her otherworld audience. She harbored no doubts about her ability to form pictures in their imaginative minds through the rise and fall of her voice and the poetry of her words; this was her destiny. But on this night of nights, the sky hung heavy with dark swirling clouds and her heart felt constricted with thoughts of Narcissus. Never the less, she....."

---An expanded way of saying that Echo stepped out on the stage and began to sing. It's a novel writer's lament: too many words? Not enough words? Not the right words? With three pages yet to perfect in my final version of this chapter, I wonder if I'll have it ready for Sunday's reading. Must have comfidence!

No comments: