Mariah Matthews

Mariah Matthews

MYTHS OF HELICON MOUNTAIN


("Myth is not a distortion of fact, but the womb through which fact must come.", Jane Roberts, THE INDIVIDUAL AND THE NATURE OF MASS EVENTS)

*****

I love Mythology, always have, can't remember when I didn't. My name is Mariah Matthews. I live in the USA, and this blog is about a novel that I'm currently writing, working title: : MYTHS OF HELICON MOUNTAIN.


30 March, 2013

A COMMENT ON CHAPTER FIVE: SAPPHIRE'S STORY

Calling a novel a story is like calling a whale a crustacean. This is what I think as I stash another chapter of my novel, MYTHS, with 20 more chapters to go. Next Chapter: Sapphire tells Echo her story. Why? What does Eastern-bred Sapphire have to do with the fate of Europa’s people on Mount Helicon? The Red Scribe doesn’t know; why should this author know? Sapphire is there, on Echo’s mountain, and she tells her story, that’s all. Maybe I’ll be able to explain when I’ve finished my novel.

No comments: