Mariah Matthews

Mariah Matthews

MYTHS OF HELICON MOUNTAIN


("Myth is not a distortion of fact, but the womb through which fact must come.", Jane Roberts, THE INDIVIDUAL AND THE NATURE OF MASS EVENTS)

*****

I love Mythology, always have, can't remember when I didn't. My name is Mariah Matthews. I live in the USA, and this blog is about a novel that I'm currently writing, working title: : MYTHS OF HELICON MOUNTAIN.


08 March, 2010

RETURN TO WRITING

In the final chapter of THE SEARCH FOR PEGASUS (Part Two) Nomi says as she looks up at the cliffs in the winter valley where the body of her dead brother lies in a cave: “Orus should be with us now."
   
Her brother Telly considers this for a moment before he answers: “Yes. I miss our little brother, too. I miss his music. I miss his presence. I miss his happy smile. I miss him every bit as much as you do but I know there is no way to bring him back and we have to leave him here. (He moves on to the problem at hand: the deranged Prince Diomedes) "My concern is with Diomedes. I dread to think what his mother will say to us when we take him to  his home on Mount Olympus!”
   
Thinking about her own current dilemma, Nomi exclaims: “Mount Olympus! I’m not going back there!” 
    
“What then?” Telly asks.
    
“Leave Diomedes at Pella’s settlement. She’s his mother’s sister. Let her see him home!"

No comments: