Mariah Matthews

Mariah Matthews

MYTHS OF HELICON MOUNTAIN


("Myth is not a distortion of fact, but the womb through which fact must come.", Jane Roberts, THE INDIVIDUAL AND THE NATURE OF MASS EVENTS)

*****

I love Mythology, always have, can't remember when I didn't. My name is Mariah Matthews. I live in the USA, and this blog is about a novel that I'm currently writing, working title: : MYTHS OF HELICON MOUNTAIN.


03 October, 2009

JOURNAL: MYTHS OF – what? HELICON or ORTYGIA.

I read an article in the September Writer's Digest today called The Art of Entitlement by Jacob M. Appel on selecting a title for one's novel. MYTHS OF HELICON MOUNTAIN has always been an adequate working title for me. Now, however, because of this article, I am playing with the idea of changing it.  Do I want to do that?  Comes down to the question: MYTHS OF what: HELICON or ORTYGIA, the known or the unknown? I'll have to think about this. For now, I’m obliged to Mr. A. (and Writer’s Digest) for this enlightening article about the broader power of titles.

No comments: