Mariah Matthews

Mariah Matthews

MYTHS OF HELICON MOUNTAIN


("Myth is not a distortion of fact, but the womb through which fact must come.", Jane Roberts, THE INDIVIDUAL AND THE NATURE OF MASS EVENTS)

*****

I love Mythology, always have, can't remember when I didn't. My name is Mariah Matthews. I live in the USA, and this blog is about a novel that I'm currently writing, working title: : MYTHS OF HELICON MOUNTAIN.


18 August, 2012

ATALANTA AND THE GOLDEN APPLES

Writing MYTHS: Another character has stepped in! Nauplius, son of Poseidon; Nauplius, the navigator; Nauplius, the sailor! Tall, white, handsome, daring, Atalanta cannot take her eyes off him! I see Nauplius in a sailor’s suit. Most women of my age can recall when they saw their first sailor -- something about that uniform, more about the confidence and swagger. In his time, Nauplius wears almost nothing. He’ll take Atalanta to Lerna Springs where the race of her life awaits her.

No comments: