Mariah Matthews

Mariah Matthews

MYTHS OF HELICON MOUNTAIN


("Myth is not a distortion of fact, but the womb through which fact must come.", Jane Roberts, THE INDIVIDUAL AND THE NATURE OF MASS EVENTS)

*****

I love Mythology, always have, can't remember when I didn't. My name is Mariah Matthews. I live in the USA, and this blog is about a novel that I'm currently writing, working title: : MYTHS OF HELICON MOUNTAIN.


23 April, 2012

MURDER? JUSTICE? RETRIBUTION?


In the make-believe world where I spend my mornings, there’s a question pending: Murder? Justice? Retribution? The events that follow the attempted abduction of Atalanta by her father, Maenalus, play a fundamental part in the expulsion of Urana’s people from Mount Helicon, and in the subsequent founding of Ortygia. Who should bear the blame for the murderous deaths of the three horse traders -- Atalanta, Prince Maenalus, or the horse traders themselves? The Red Scribe, duty-bound, writes what his Queen wants written. It is always so. He dips his brush and continues.

No comments: